CONCEPT NOTE: THE 5TH SWARM SUMMIT "THE FUTURE OF WORK"
Technology possesses the ability to address inequalities, contribute to the management of the climate crisis, transform and improve the food production process, as well as increase accessibility to world-class education and health care, while also providing platforms that give a voice to the layman in society regarding decisions that affect their lives. Technology in a social context is able to assist governments in improving public services and accelerate the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
Aims for the Summit
The SWARM Summit will gather Uganda’s most innovative startups, CEOs, hackers, and tech enthusiasts for a deep dive into Uganda’s emerging digital economies. The summit will feature insight into the past year, offer suggestions to keep Africa competitive in the tech space, one-on-one on-stage interviews, topical panels, and an engaging after-party.
Summit Goals and Objectives
● Bring together different types of organizations/programs/companies and key players in the local startup and international entrepreneurial support ecosystem and provide a networking platform to leverage technology in the development of Africa.
● Improve understanding of the strengths and opportunities within the digital industry in Uganda/East Africa and the global community.
● Shining a light on the best performing tech-based startups(local), recognizing their achievements, and connecting them to potential investors
● Establish a world-class summit that Key players within the digital industry can utilize to engage on the latest developments and identify talent.
● Establish a world-class summit that tech-based entrepreneurs aspire to attend in order to engage and provide coverage and an audience for their companies.
● Providing knowledge transfer sessions of crucial skills within the digital ecosystem